Followers

Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Enchanted Forest


I met Kyle in Orange County. We got along well. He played bass on one of my recordings. But then Kyle had to move.

He was moving back up to the Central Coast of California, where he was from. This is 4 hours (or 250 miles) north of Orange County. He had no car, and therefore no way to get back. So I offered to drive him, knowing that I would also reap the benefit of exploring more of the Golden State that I have not seen.

The drive was beautiful, and inspired the name of the song that Kyle and I did together: "Ocean, Left." Once we moved his stuff out of my car, we began exploring. Unlike Orange County, San Luis Obispo has open space everywhere. And being that it was February, everything was green. Driving through the quiet hills and seeing green everywhere was absolutely refreshing for me. It felt like back home in Pennsylvania.

One of our adventures was a walk in the "enchanted forest" right on the edge of a cliff in San Simeon (in view of Hearst Castle). We climbed the huge trees, and when I looked down at Kyle, I saw this spider web. So here is my view from the branch of a tree.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know you took this! I've always liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geesh man! What camera do you use? the way you caught the glare of the web helped define it more and make it that much more beautiful and captivating. Most definitely beautiful and definitely brings the "enchanted" out of the forest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristyn: yes.

    Lindsey: I use an upper model Olympus point & shoot. I think I used flash to light up the web, but left the shutter time long enough to capture the shadows in the background. I also used manual focus on it.

    ReplyDelete