Followers

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

From Saturday's Mountain Drive: A Prayer



I am filled with your good pleasures:
Sun behind Jacinto,
skies over Gorgonio,
shadow painting on desert rocks,
endless peaks watching over cities,
a chill from altitude.

I see now
that you are in the barren as well as the flourishing.
Not a corner can I look without seeing you there.

Let me use my eyes and ears
my hands and feet
my fingers and toes
my flesh and bone
my strength and sweat
my soul and mind
my words and deeds
my love and longing,
to make you all the more visible.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Matt--that is beautiful. The photo, but even more the prayer. I pray something kind of similar not as often as I should. Sorry I haven't been around here much--I'm not on the computer all that much anymore right now, except to check email, research something quick, or listen to a song. I want to come here more again though--I always enjoy and am blessed by your postings!

    ReplyDelete