Followers

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Portola Springs



March 13th, 2009.




Is there still wilderness in this county?


I had dreams once
of a place to the west
It was bleak
and beautiful.

But it's all been paved over
It's all black but there's no night
I've driven to the corners
But I can't find the end of it.

Maybe it was once
like I saw in my mind.
But people came
and years passed.

It traps me
Though I may run
I know it will find me
No one can hide.

I just want to feel young again
To see something new.
But places are being cloned
and I've seen it before.

I long to be happy when old
to be in peace.
But I fear by then,
silence is obsolete.

1 comment:

  1. This is really sad! But I totally understand what you mean! As sad as this is, the picture is beautiful. How did capture the lights so brightly with how light it was outside! That was a sad time--with the fires and all--but this is quite the amazing picture with capturing the sunset, the city lights, and the wild fire in the background.

    ReplyDelete