Followers

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Winter in Orange County


Taken with Canon AE-1 Program on Fuji 200 ISO film.

Winter in Orange County is the best. Having grown up in Pennsylvania, I got used to snow & cold weather from late October through March. If we had a 50 degree day somewhere in those months, it was a nice surprise.

"Winter" in Orange County is like September or early October anywhere else. Some days it doesn't get up to 70, it gets cloudy more than usual, and (my favorite part) the days are very clear. You can see the snowy mountains on the horizon any day the clouds don't take over. The mountains might be my favorite thing about living down here.

This picture was taken from Vantage Pointe, a hilltop with a 360 degree view. My roommate and I came up here at sunrise one day in February, and it was absolutely beautiful (and cold!).

Photo credit: Trevor Dyck

1 comment:

  1. This is taken from Vantage Pointe??? Dang. I thought that was taken in another state or something. This photo makes me think of a still shot of something from a movie. The tree, the clear sky, the clear, freshly snowed mountains. There's a certain beauty in the melancholy of this photo. Very cool looking!

    ReplyDelete