Followers

Friday, August 13, 2010

The woods of Pennsylvania.


This is something I wrote when I still lived in Chicago. I was longing for the quiet of Pennsylvania (like I still do oftentimes). This picture was taken on a walk just about a minute into the woods beyond our yard. It is also one of the first pictures I took with my Canon point & shoot that I got that Christmas '06.


I've been there so many times that I can almost see it. I can almost smell it, feel it, hear it, sense it. The reward of 10 minutes of walking through rustic forest. Why do I long for it so much? Because I am sick of all the noise. The never-ending rush. Take me back to that place where nothing seems to matter, nothing seems to move. All is so silent and the air is so clear. The bed of dried leaves makes each step soft. The faint sound of trickling water in a small stream clears away my concerns and my worries. There I can meet with God.

Everything here is so convoluted.

1 comment:

  1. Wow the richness of colors blows me away! How do you capture such intense color???

    ReplyDelete